You won’t believe the difference in your air quality.
EXPERIENCE THE BENEFITS OF A HOME AIR PURIFICATION SYSTEM
We can install, repair, and service a wide variety of air purifiers. Air purification systems make a great addition to any HVAC system, because they can remove odors and smoke, help with allergies from dust, dander, etc, and they help control viruses, bacteria, and mold. Get ahead of forest fire season and protect yourself and your family from potentially harmful particles by installing an air purification system today.
Contact Us Today
Get the breath of fresh air you deserve.
Benefits of air purification
We get a fair number of folks asking about air purifiers. Most commonly, I see one stuffed in the corner of your living room or bedroom while doing a bid.
The bottom line is we have some great solutions. While they get to the same goal a different way, all of the products we carry have been tried and tested by our staff and customers.
- We carry the GPS series plasma purifiers. They are simple to maintain, cost effective to install, and can easily go with you when you move across town.
- At the top end of the category (and best in its class) is the Trane ‘Clean Effects’ air purification/furnace filter.
The right fit for you depends on the problems you are looking to solve. But I’ll rank them below for the big issues we most commonly see.
Both do a good job with dust, but they do it very differently.
- The GPS makes the particles heavy and sticky. So they get caught up in the filter. Because of this, we recommend the filter be changed about 4 weeks after installation.
- The Trane ‘Clean Effects’ filters out the dust by making it adhere to a membrane. Wash and vacuum the membrane and you are good to good for another 3 months.
- Winner: We’ll give the edge to Trane on this one. While both do well, the Trane does it on a more refined level.
Pollens & Allergies:
We have seen excellent results with both of the units related to pollens and allergies. It’s important to note that this isn’t a medical solution, but we have seen success here at removing the source of the airborne issue that is causing the symptoms. Again, edge goes to Trane, but it really depends on how you use your home related to windows and open doors.
Smoke and odor:
- The GPS uses an ionizing technology that drops the smoke out of the air. It also takes cooking, pet, spouse, kids, etc… odors and eliminates them. Pretty nice for the price.
- The Trane air purifier is in a dead heat on this one. System owner’s report that being indoors during fire season was comfortable and odor free when combined with the cool air delivered through the ducts.
We don’t think there is a bad choice here. And, with our 100% guarantee on the GPS unit, try it out, if it doesn’t work for you family we’ll upgrade you to the Trane.
Do you want to save money on your utility bills?
Most people that want improved comfort also want to know how to save money. Here is our recommendation:
- Buy the most efficient system you can afford
- Size your system properly (we’ll make proper recommendations)
- Seal your ducts, if you have a ducted system
- Properly maintain your system
- Check for manufacturer rebates and incentives for high efficiency products
There’s never been a better time to invest in central air conditioning for your home or business. Trane has an extensive line of high efficiency and ENERGY STAR® air conditioners. We provide air conditioning services to Bozeman, the Gallatin Valley, Big Sky, Livingston and all of Park County.
What our customers say about Mountain Heating & Cooling
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"A very professional, knowledgable, and no-nonsense service technician. Thanks very much for a great job."
we are here to help
Mountain Heating & Cooling has you covered for all your HVAC service and installation needs.